Every diamond needs a diamond certificate which details the unique characteristics of the same. GIA (Gemological Institute of America) is the most prominent of the many diamond grading laboratories around the world and is also the most trusted and widely accepted laboratory for grading diamonds. GIA is a nonprofit institute which does gemological research and studies. They coined the 4C’s (Color, Clarity, Cut and Carat weight) which are universally used now to speak of the value of a diamond. There are numerous advantages of buying a GIA certified diamond. Some of them are listed below:
- The certificate of GIA contains all the necessary information you need to know about the diamond.
- You can be sure that you are buying a natural diamond and not a synthetic one.
- The trade is sound without any scope for misunderstanding because the seller knows what he sells and the buyer knows what he buys.
- GIA is reputed for the rigorous rating of most subjective scales like rated Color and Clarity.
- They are consistent in an incredible way and help the buyer to be at peace after the deal.
- Comparison of the stones is very easy because of the consistent grading.
- You can be assured that you get the real product for which you paid.
- As an organization, GIA maintains a high standard of integrity. This is reflected in the GIA certified diamonds.
- GIA grading makes a laser inscription of the unique report ID number which helps the owner to identify the real diamond. It also makes the recovery easy in case of theft of the diamond.
- GIA places its security features like holograms, copy guards and micro printing to avoid certificate forgeries.
- There is no risk in buying the GIA certified diamond online. Customers are also provided with opportunity to verify the details of the diamond directly with GIA or with a third party gemologist.
- Flaws of the diamond are given in the written report and also illustrated to clarify the severity of the flaw in the particular parts of the diamond. Hence the true quality of the diamond is assured.
GIA certification of diamonds is undoubtedly one which is trustworthy as proved by time. Even in the present time, it is GIA certification and grading that people look for when they buy diamonds. If you or your loved ones are inclined to buy a diamond, make sure that you buy the GIA certified diamond so that you can be assured of the quality of the product.